Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is rapidly emerging to be one of the most debilitating neurological diseases amongst young adults. It is prevalent in the northern temperate zones and affects women twice as much as it does men. It is known that at least 250,000 Americans are affected by MS.1
MS is a disease that affects the Central Nervous Sytem (CNS) which is the brain and spinal cord. What happens is the brain, spinal cord, and protective cover of the nerves degenerates in to scar tissue.2 MS has largely been mysterious how and why it affects patients. There is no direct cause that has been found to MS. With any disease knowing how and why often leads to the ability to finding a solution to a problem.
With recent advances in technology, there is more is known about the condition:
- MS is an auto-immune condition, meaning the body starts to attack itself.
- Advanced studies have shown that the brain is affected by inflammation leading to MS type symptoms.3
Natural Treatments for Multiple Sclerosis
Traditional treatments for MS are limited in there ability to provide relief for patients. Dr. Kurt Sherwood of Renton Washington, is helping patients get natural relief of MS with Upper Cervical Chiropractic. Research has shown the top bone in the neck known as the improper position of the Atlas bone (C1 vertebrae) to be directly related to immune system function and MS.
In immune comprised individuals a precise atlas adjustment when indicated, showed improvements of 48% to immune system function.4 In studies of MS patients under Upper Cervical Chiropractic care showed a reduction in MS symptoms and even healing of the MS degeneration in brain tissue.5
When the Atlas is properly aligned it allows for the immune system to properly function and reduce inflammation and often reduce MS and its symptoms. If you are suffering with MS in Renton Washington it is important to have your spine examined by an Upper Cervical chiropractor.
- Multiple Sclerosis Information, Rocky Mountain Multiple Sclerosis Center, 1999.
- Guyton A. Textbook of Medical Physiology, 12th Ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., 2010.
- Damadian RV, Chu D. The possible role of cranio-cervical trauma and abnormal CSF hydrodynamics in the genesis of multiple Sclerosis. Physiol Chem Phys. 2011;41:1-17
- Feeley-Collins K, Grostic JD, Hightower BC, Pfleger B, Selano JL. “The effects of specific upper cervical adjustments on the CD4 counts of HIV positive patients.” Chiropractic Research Journal 1994;3(1):32.
- Elster EL. Eighty-one patients with multiple sclerosis and parkinson’s disease undergoing upper cervical chiropractic care to correct vertebral subluxation: a retrospective analysis. J Vertebr Sublux Res. 2004;2:1-9.
To hear from more people like you, check out our patient reviews here.
Dr. Kurt Sherwood, D.C. is an Upper Cervical Specialist and Renton Chiropractor who has helped many people to find natural relief over the past 20 plus years. He is trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association and his Renton Chiropractic clinic specializes in correcting problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems including migraine headaches, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease, and vertigo. More information can be found on his website at https://www.restorationspinalcare.com
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Sherwood, call 425-243-1607 or just click the button below.
If you are outside of the local area, you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.