Meniere’s disease is terrible, and its symptoms can get you bedridden for days. A condition that mainly affects the inner ear, Meniere’s disease causes debilitating episodes of vertigo.
Many of our patients share their horrifying vertigo stories with us, and we always feel for them. That motivates us to do our mission of providing life-changing care for vertigo relief in Renton through upper cervical chiropractic care. It’s a precise and gentle way that corrects the underlying root of vertigo and other Meniere’s disease symptoms.
We will tell you more about how upper cervical chiropractic care gives hope and relief, but first, let us discuss basic facts about Meniere’s disease and a few home remedies for it.
Meniere’s Disease 101: Facts You Need to Know
Do you frequently deal with dizziness, vertigo, and that annoying ringing sound in your ear? Are you having temporary hearing loss at random? If so, then you may have Meniere’s disease. This disorder originates in the inner ear and primarily affects only one ear. Meniere’s disease can occur in adults between the age of 40-60 years old. This disease can rarely affect children.
Basic Symptoms of Meniere’s Disease
Constant dizziness or vertigo
Since Meniere’s disease afflicts the inner ear, the body part responsible for balance, it is common for patients to experience balance problems. Vertigo and dizziness are common complaints among patients. These symptoms can be mild or severe, and the attacks can last between minutes to days. We recommend natural and effective care for vertigo relief in Renton—upper cervical chiropractic care to get over the debilitating effects of dizziness and vertigo. To know where you can access this ultimate care, be sure to read until the end.
Fullness in the inner ear
Patients with Meniere’s disease usually feel a clog in their inner ear due to pressure buildup. This results in a sensation of fullness and ear pain. In addition, the pressure buildup can affect the eardrum, causing mild or severe hearing problems.
Fluid buildup is a common symptom of Meniere’s disease. It occurs in the part of the ear called the labyrinth. This buildup interferes with the normal communication process between the brain and the inner ear, which leads to hearing loss.
Ringing sound in the ear or tinnitus
A patient with Meniere’s disease may hear a ringing or buzzing sound in the inner ear. This symptom can be mild in the beginning but gets severe later when you don’t address it.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and vertigo, download our complimentary e-book HOW TO NATURALLY RELIEVE VERTIGO WITHOUT DRUGS by clicking the image below.
What Causes Meniere’s Disease
Meniere’s disease symptoms indicate that it can stem from an abnormal endolymph (fluid) buildup in the inner ear.
Here are the factors that can contribute to the buildup of endolymph:
- Viral Infection
- Blockage in the inner ear that causes improper fluid drainage
How to Manage and Prevent Meniere’s Disease at Home
The symptoms of Meniere’s disease, particularly vertigo, can cause disability in your day-to-day life. So, we understand your wish to have immediate and effective vertigo relief in Renton. Here are a couple of home remedies that may help control and ease the disturbing symptoms of Meniere’s disease.
- Eat healthily – a healthy diet helps reduce symptoms of Meniere’s disease. So, create and maintain a healthy eating habit using the following tips:
- Eat consistently and don’t skip meals.
- Limit your caffeine intake. Caffeine makes your symptoms worse. Other foods and beverages to avoid include coffee, chocolate, diet pills, and soda.
- Avoid foods that contain preservatives.
- Avoid consuming MSG-rich foods.
- Start a low sodium diet. Limiting your sodium intake can help reduce and alleviate your symptoms.
- Quit smoking – smoking causes harmful effects on the body. Also, it is one of the primary triggers of Meniere’s disease. Smoke from a cigarette can harm blood circulation. As a result, it weakens blood flow to the inner ear. So, it’s better to quit smoking and avoid inhalation of secondhand smoke.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption – alcohol affects blood flow, and as mentioned, poor blood circulation decreases blood supply to the inner ear. So, to prevent the symptoms of Meniere’s disease, it’s best to restrict your alcohol consumption to a minimal level or completely cut it off.
The Ultimate Remedy for Vertigo Relief in Renton
Many of our patients with Meniere’s disease seek relief for their condition. Their hunt leads them to one natural care that ultimately turns their lives around. It’s none other than upper cervical chiropractic care, which continues to be a successful form of relief for patients with Meniere’s disease.
“Life was like a roller coaster back then, until I got my neck adjusted. Then, things started to get better, and I became happier than I ever was.” said one of our patients.
Does your Meniere’s disease symptoms, including vertigo, dreadfully affect your life? Do they keep you from things that spark joy, creativity, and comfort? Now’s the time to tell yourself that there’s hope. And we are here to give it to you.
Restoration Spinal Care provides outstanding care for Meniere’s disease and vertigo relief in Renton. We offer the NUCCA chiropractic procedure that ensures to correct the source of your vertigo and suffering. Schedule a consultation online to get the chiropractic adjustments you need. You can also reach us at 425-227- 0111.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Sherwood, call 425-243-1607 or just click the button below:
If you are outside of the local area, you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com