Home Remedies for Migraines
If you suffer from migraines, you can take back control of your life. We understand it’s important to you that you live a normal and pain free life. You shouldn’t have to suffer, and there are things you can do to reduce your suffering.
Bed time rituals
Poor sleep can trigger migraines, so it is important to establish good sleeping patterns. This means you need go to bed at the same time every night. Here are a few other things you can do to establish good sleeping patterns.
- Turn of the television. It’s tempting to keep a television in your bedroom and watch it before you go to sleep, but that television may be triggering your migraines.
- Don’t eat within four hours or drink within two hours of your bedtime. Eating or drinking closer to your bedtime may cause you to wake in the middle of the night and use the restroom.
- Don’t listen to music or read in bed. Your bed is for sleep, and establishing it as a place of rest will help you to get a better night’s sleep.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraine headaches, download our complimentary e-book NATURAL AND DRUG-FREE WAYS TO END YOUR MIGRAINES by clicking the image below.
Healthy Daily Habits
Sometimes, our daily habits can trigger migraines. Along with establishing good habits, it’s a good idea to keep a journal of your daily routine. This will help you pinpoint what parts of your diet or habits trigger your migraine.
- Don’t skip meals and stay hydrated. A healthy diet and plenty of fluids (water is always best) will help your body function properly.
- Get regular exercise. 40 minutes of regular cardio exercise three times a week can reduce the severity or frequency of the headaches.
- Relaxation techniques. such as breathing deeply or progressive muscle relaxation, can help reduce migraines that are triggered by stress
For the best results, consult a health professional. It is important to lay out a plan to better health. Just as your vehicle drives better when the tires are aligned, your body functions better when it is aligned. NUCCA can correct the Atlas Subluxation Complex, which is the misalignment of the head and upper neck. Correcting these issues can reduce or eliminate the frequency or severity of the headaches.
To hear from more people like you, check out our patient reviews here.
Dr. Kurt Sherwood, D.C. is an Upper Cervical Specialist and Renton Chiropractor who has helped many people to find natural relief over the past 20 plus years. He is trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association and his Renton Chiropractic clinic specializes in correcting problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems including migraine headaches, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease, and vertigo. More information can be found on his website at www.restorationspinalcare.com
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Sherwood, call 425-227-0111 or just click the button below:
If you are outside of the local area, you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com