Dear Valued Patient,
At Restoration Spinal Care our priority is your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our staff. With the concerns we all have over the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we believe it is important to inform you of all the steps we are taking to maintain a safe environment in our office. We also thought you should know how the current situation will impact your access to healthcare at our offices.
In order to reduce the number of people in our building at one time and allow for the necessary disinfecting, we have had to reduce the number of appointment times that are available within our business day. This has made it more difficult to accommodate, last-minute call-in appointments. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to help as many people as possible, however there is a chance last minute appointments will not be available. With this in mind it is extremely helpful to know if you will be unable to keep a scheduled appointment with as much notice as possible in case we have a wait list.
Here are some of the precautions we would like you to be aware of and heed as we try to serve you best:
- Please refrain from entering our premises if you have the following conditions or symptoms: respiratory illness, fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
- Also, if you have been in contact with someone who is known or has suspected exposure to COVID-19
- Or have been in contact with a person who has visited a country outside the US in the last two weeks that the CDC has declared a high-risk site for spreading infection.
Our clinics is instituting the following procedures to ensure preventative measures are being taken to provide an environment that is as safe as possible for our patients and staff:
* Reduced patient numbers
* We are attempting to open doors for you to minimize the use of excessive disinfectant and reduce on paper towel waste.
* In compliance with the current Public Health Order of June 26th 2020, we are using face coverings in the office where physical distancing is not possible and ask that you do the same, if you do not have a health condition that prevents you from doing so.
* Continuous disinfection of all common areas, treatment rooms, bathrooms, door
handles, equipment, and countertops.
- Frequent hand washing and/or use of alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Having alcohol-based sanitizer available for all patients and plenty of soap and water.
- Emphasis on proper hand hygiene among our patients and staff.
- Staff and providers are asked to stay home when ill.
Also, we ask that you come to your appointment without unnecessary family or friends accompanying you. If you require someone to drive you to your appointments, we ask that they remain in their vehicle while waiting. Thank you for understanding.
Some other suggestions for your self-care are:
- Stay calm. Limit your consumption of the news programming. Yes, get the facts but try to avoid immersing yourself in mainstream and social media. This causes increased cortisol levels which ultimately make you more susceptible to illness.
- Practice self-care. This is a particularly good time to recommit to healthy living. Exercise, prayer, healthy meals, have fun, invest in quality time with loved ones, read a book, get back into a hobby, watch comedies and laugh more.
- Get fresh air and sunshine. Summer is here so be sure to get outside and go for a walk maintaining a six-foot distance from others. Or get out in your yard and start your garden.
- Be proactive. Some specific nutrients will boost your immunity and keep it strong such as vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin C, zinc and elderberry.
- Consider a hike – Immersing yourself in nature, particularly a wooded area helps to boost the immune system
- Get Adjusted – NUCCA has a positive effect in the immune system
All of us here at Restoration Spinal Care hope and pray that you and your families stay safe and healthy during this time of crisis. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 425 227 0111. We care about you and your health!
Health and God’s grace to you,
Dr. Kurt Sherwood DC
Jennifer Moorman LMT
Natalie Kleinbeck – Front Desk
Sharon Walker – Back Desk